Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Back Again

Wow! It's been a long time since I have blogged. I have to admit I was wondering if I should continue. I'm not sure if it's been helpful or not, as I'm in the same place that I was in since the beginning. What the hell? Might as well try again...at least I'll have an outlet for myself.

So the update....Only 5 days after my duedate, I had a baby girl:) She came into this world pretty quickly...I was in the hospital for about 4 hours and it took three pushes and she was out weighing 7 lbs. 7 oz. The first weeks were tougher then with my first, but after we got to know each other better, things smoothed out. Baby M is a very good sleeper and a sweetie. Z has done really well and is very protective of her. I love seeing the two of them interact together.

In total, I gained about 40 lbs this pregnancy. Much better then last time, but since I was bigger to start with, the extra weight made things pretty uncomfortable. My weight was 292.6 lbs just before I had her. My highest weight ever and it felt pretty scary to be so close to the 300 mark. Since M's birth I have lost about 25 lbs. Most of that came off in the first month and then came to a halt until a few weeks ago.

So what's changed? Well, I have tried to start breastfeeding/pumping more. When I started back at work last month, I felt my supply was going down and have had to work at getting it back up. Also, because Baby M has been sleeping through the night since she was about 6 weeks old, I wasn't having those night time feeding to keep my supply up (by the way...her sleeping through the night still surprises me...Z didn't sleep through the night until about 14 months old!). Anyway, I think the extra breastfeeding/pumping is helping me burn some extra calories and I have also started walking during the day to and from my mother-in-law's house when I go to nurse M at lunch time. So, I think that is why I am finally starting to lose again. I'm still not down to my pre-pregnancy weight (and once I'm there, I've still got a long way to go!), but I am feeling really encouraged that the scale is finally going down.

I have made quite a few decisions about things I want to change in my life in the past few weeks. I will share some of those tomorrow. Right now I'm just happy to say I'm pretty happy. Life is no where near perfect but I am thankful for what I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment