Thursday, September 17, 2009

The Good and The Bad

Lots has happened since last week, some of it good and some of it not. I guess I'll start with the not...

Last Friday when I got home from work I found out that some one had killed one of our dogs, Baby. It was so upsetting and I still can't believe someone would be so cruel to hurt an innocent animal. Animals are treated very differently here then back home. They are animals and serve a purpose, but aren't ever treated like a member of the family, as we did with our dogs. We have 3 other dogs. The dog that was killed was the mama to two of the others. She was such a sweet dog. She was happy to just be anywhere near you, and has always been the most gentle of all of them. I am so sad that she is gone and so angry that someone murdered her. We have been asking around the neighborhood, so we will hopefully find out more about who did this and report them.

The other not so good is my weight. I think I'm at 241.5, which would be .5lb down since last week, BUT my scale sucks. I'm getting a new one today. The only ones I've since here are those old fashioned ones with a dial, but I think that might be better. My scale this week, weighed me at 238, then 245, then 248, then 243. It's so frustrating. I don't know if I'm losing or not. Another thing, is that I've been a little obsessive about weighing myself. Sometimes 10 or more times a day. I know, it's ridiculous.

Last week I walked alot and so far this week I've been pretty good. Walking 2 times each on Monday and Tuesday and planning to walk and get Z this afternoon. No strength training though like I promised.

Yesterday was my birthday. I am 32 years old. Hmmm, sounds ok I guess. Anyway, we all went out to dinner, but it was kind of expensive and not that great. It was also late for Z so he was a little grumpy. Overall he did ok, but refused to sit in the highchair, so it made it hard to eat. It was nice to finally have a night together and I got to share some chocolate cheesecake with M.

I was hoping to be under 240 this week, but we'll have to see what the new scale says and start off there. I'm proud that even with the stress and sadness of losing Baby I didn't binge, and that I didn't spend my birthday feeling badly about turning a year older and not losing any weight. Instead I am going into this next year with a healthier outlook and looking forward to being at goal before my next birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment