Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Monday: check

Yesterday I followed through! I walked to get Z and ate within my calories (1400). To explain my calorie intake...I went online and a website said I should eat 1240 calories to lose 2lbs. a week. That's fine... but then if I add on some calories for breastfeeding and when I exercise , I figure if I'm between 1400-1600 calories a day, I'm doing pretty well. Any less and I'm starving, which leads me to binge.

Z is 16 months old now, and during the week when I'm at work he drinks whole milk, but as soon as I pick him up in the afternoon, he's ready to nurse, and usualy nurses another 3-5 times before he goes to bed. He also nurses twice, sometimes 3 times in the morning before we go to work. On the weekends, he wants to nurse all the time! I can occasionally distract him with a sippy cup or a snack, but he still nurses at least 8-10 times. (Each feeding is one side). I don't want to stop him. I figure if he needs it then that's fine. I'm hoping before we have another baby, he will wean himself. It's sometimes a little exhausting, feeling as though my body isn't really my own, but I do enjoy that we have a quiet time that both of us can relax and be together. Last night he was so cute....he was nursing before bedtime, but kept stopping every few minutes to give me a kiss.

Yesterday I was feeling some baby envy. Z is doing so great and becoming so capable, and I guess I am feeling more and more ready to have another baby. BUT, the weight needs to come off first and we need to get our finances in order which means paying off our debt, having some savings, and getting ourselves closer to being in our own home.

So my baby lust is making me even more motivated to stick with my plan. On to Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment